If you’re marketing online, you should already understand the power of list-building and email marketing. Building a list of loyal subscribers that like and trust you is what we all aim for . But crafting and sending emails that get solid open rates is a skill you must practice and always be improving, because . If no one is opening our emails, what’s the point of all that work?
The email subject line is the biggest factor that influences whether or not an email gets opened, and if it’s not getting opened . Your email body copy does not even matter.
Make sure that you have a great e-mail auto responder for your mailing campaigns that gives you all the functionality and control over your e-mails , contact list and auto responds to your clients .You want the software to be able to respond to your e-mail requests right away so that you don't keep your clients hanging when they request your products or services . I am using Getrespondse which i am very happy with because they allow me total control over my catch pages and contact list.
Here are 19 "E-mail" Subject lines that will increase your open Rate
1. 33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone.
2. 69% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line.
3. 40% of emails are opened on mobile first – where the average mobile screen can only fit 4-7 words max.
4. Emails with “You” in the subject line were opened 5% less than those without.
5. Emails with “fw:” in the subject line were opened 17% less than those without.
6. 18.7% decrease in open rates when the word “newsletter” is used in subject lines.
7. 61.8% increase in opens when using the word “alert” in subject lines.
8. Using the words “Sale”, “New”, or “Video” in subject lines boost open rates.
9. Using “Daily” or “Weekly” in subject lines boosts open rates whereas “Monthly” hurts them.
10. The top five subject lines in a recent study all included “Re:”.
11. Subject lines with 30 or fewer characters have an above average open rate.
12. Emails with “Free” in the subject line were opened 10% more than those without.
13. Emails with “Quick” in the subject line were opened 17% less than those without.
14. Subject lines with 3 or more words are opened 15% less than those with 1-2.
15. Emails with “Meeting” in the subject line were opened 7% less than those without.
16. Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened.
17. Subject lines that create a sense of urgency and exclusivity can give a 22% higher open rate.
18. Emails with no subject line at all were opened 8% more than those with a subject line.
Now that we’ve uncovered some very useful data regarding email subject lines, and you’ve got people opening your emails… let’s focus in on some tips to help you be more effective with your email body copy. Check out my previous blog on e-mail tips .
I would like to know what you think , leave a comment and i will get back to you .